outi.sipila [at] tuni.fi
EquJust research theme: Freedom & Responsibility of Popular Adult Education
- Adult education
- Popular adult education and self-edification
- Civic organizations and voluntary work
- The Finnish Red Cross volunteers and first aid training
- Educational meanings of voluntary work
- Ethnographic research
- Life course approach
Article dissertation: Educational meanings of voluntary work – the hidden curriculum.
Supervisors: professor (Emerita) Anja Heikkinen (TAU) Post-doctoral researcher Ari Sivenius (UEF).
The research is funded by the Finnish Cultural Foundation, the Foundation of Science in the city of Tampere and the Folk Edification Foundation.
Research Groups and networks
- Equality & Planetary Justice in Adult, Vocational & Higher Education (EquJust)
- Freedom & Responsibility of Popular Adult Education (SVV)